NHC Pittsburgh members are required to perform 1700 hours of service over the course of 46 weeks to successfully complete their term of service and are eligible to receive an education award.
In return for serving, 2019-2020 NHC Pittsburgh members receive:
- $13,992 living allowance (annual gross amount distributed bi-weekly)
- Extensive training and support
- Health insurance
- Child care allowance, if eligible
- Local Travel Reimbursement as needed to complete member service activities
- Networking opportunities and future job leads
- $5,920 education award upon successful completion of program (which can be accessed for up to 7 years to pay back qualified student loans or for future education expenses)
- Real world experience
- Loan forbearance on qualified student loans while enrolled in the program
- Chance to make positive, life-changing differences in people’s lives
NHC Pittsburgh does not provide housing for members although staff will assist with housing resources and referrals.